Third Party Inspections.
PES provides consultancy and engineering expertise for crane and lifting equipment in Ports and Harbours around the world.
Our extremely competent engineers, assist by providing technical on-site support and auditing during the crane build at your chosen Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).
We have particular knowledge of UK Health and Safety requirements and British Standard Crane specifications. Our team has considerable experience in the installation and commissioning of both new and refurbished quay cranes and other lifting equipment.
- Review the full technical specification and design of the crane before build.
- UKAS accredited inspection body
- Liaise with OEM and understand the Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of the design for consideration of changes unforeseen
- Review and audit the crane SIMS
- Ensure that the crane and all specific parts and components adhere to LOLER & PUWER regulations including the latest design standards particularly for UK
- Third party inspect at OEM site the crane main structure including, welding, welders, materials used, material certification, and NDT where and when necessary, especially fracture critical elements
- Inspect crane to ensure that the walkways and staircases, platforms and landings are manufactured and installed to the latest British Standards and legislation
- Ensure all electrical standards and work carried out is to the latest electrical regulations
- Ensure that all hoisting components throughout the hoist mechanism is to the requirements within the scope of works and that all necessary certification is present and available
- Provide an inspection and commissioning engineer once the cranes arrive at site
- To provide witness of proof load testing by OEM/Commissioning Engineers and final certification.